Thursday, February 17, 2011

Does the Reception Area Influence Your Clients?

Yes, indeed!   

While 1) service and 2) a trusted recommendation were valued more than the look and feel of the reception area, the twenty-four subjects in my research study said they would be influenced by 3) the reception area in their decision to retain a business. 
They also voiced that the quality of service expected by the business was sometimes prejudiced by the appearance of the reception area. Caring for a client’s comfort level was a key factor in their responses.

Here are some of their remarks and observations.  Listen carefully . . . Does the reception area influence a person’s decision to retain the services of a business?

·         “The lack of design for comfort and the busyness of the space would make me pause about retaining them.”

·        “I would go if the doctor was recommended.  The space makes me wonder about how they view their clients.  I might also be a bit uncomfortable sharing any information verbally because every word can be heard in that space.”

·        “I am not likely to come here.  If your place is not up to date, is your service up to date?

·         “I would feel tentative on my first visit because of the reception space.  This would prompt me to think – is this the right person for me?

·        “Would give them a chance - it is a relaxed place. The casual look of the space would have me think that this is the way the practitioners are as well.”

·        “I would feel well cared for here – feels personal and not so clinical but still professional giving me confidence in their ability to provide good care. The only less than comfortable feeling I had was in regard to the exterior of the building.  It looked a little dumpy, but seeing a professional directory on the wall upon entering the building made that feeling go away.”

·         “Yes, the business wants me to be comfortable while I wait. I like the open space and the order.  I will probably be treated well here.”

·         “Yes, I do not question that this is a good place. The music and couch tell me they want this to feel like your living room.  Come in and make yourself at home.


I was enlightened by their explanations.  How about you?  Did you pick up some helpful tips for your reception area?  Hope so!

            

No comments:

Post a Comment